At mtf, we haven’t forgotten that bridging finance is supposed to be quick and as hassle-free as possible. See below for information on how our process works.
1. Getting Started
Once we have issued indicative terms by email, if you wish to proceed, please simply confirm by email or by giving us a call. It’s that simple. We do not have any application forms for you to fill in!
2. The Offer in Principle
- Once you’ve been in touch with confirmation we will issue an Offer in Principle (OIP). We aim to have this issued within 2 hours of hearing from you. This document sets out the basic terms of the loan.
- The OIP needs to be signed on each page in the bottom corner, and on the last page in the box provided and sent back by email, fax or post.
- As soon as we receive the signed OIP we will provide our bank details for payment of the valuation fee.
3. The Valuation
- As soon as the funds arrive we will liaise with the appointed RICS valuer, and you, to arrange the fastest and most convenient appointment for the valuation.
- Our panel valuers are instructed to produce reports within 72 hours (though sometimes this can take longer).
4. The Solicitors
- We don’t like to lose time. So whilst we wait for the report to come back, we ask for your solicitor’s details so that we can send them our checklist of requirements. This way they can get everything we require ready to be sent to our lawyers when the report comes in.
- The valuation report arrives! As long as the value of the property as set out in the report is acceptable for the loan to proceed, we instruct our solicitor to get in touch with your solicitor and issue the mortgage deed for signature.
- You will need to pop into your solicitor’s office with your proof of identification (one piece of photographic identification and two pieces evidencing your address which are not more than 3 months old) and to sign the mortgage deed.
5. The Funds Are Released
As soon as our solicitor receive the requested documentation we are ready to go and funds will be released to you immediately.
That’s it! It really is that simple at mtf.