AWARD WINNING LOANS AND ASSOCIATIONS
We are an award-winning bridging finance lender.
Recent ProjectsView Portfolio›
WHY USE MTF?
A return to relationship banking, where your application is given the care and attention it deserves.
What is Bridging Finance
Bridging finance is a type of loan designed to help a borrower achieve a short-term goal and then repay when they have obtained a larger source of finance or sale or a property. Examples of instances where bridging finance is commonly used include:
- Facilitating the completion of the purchase of a property following an auction or where time is of the essence. In this context bridging finance is often referred to as auction finance.
- Refinancing away from a mortgage in default allowing time for the property to be sold (releasing an LPA receiver) and allowing the owner to achieve an open market value for the property and not a forced sale value). This is often referred to as non-status bridging finance
- Releasing equity from an investment property to acquire another additional property
- To raise capital to take advantage of a business opportunity (often referred to as a 2nd charge Business Purposes Loan or 2nd charge bridging loan)
Open Bridging Loan
In today’s market the majority of bridging finance loans fall within this category and arise where the borrower does not have a certain and absolute exit in place.
Bridging finance lenders will usually require the borrower to have an ‘exit strategy’ for repaying the loan and may assess the relative strength of this strategy when determining how much and or if to lend.
Closed Bridging Loan
This refers to a bridging loan where there is a predefined exit that the borrower has in place to repay the bridging loan, before the actual bridging loan is taken out by the borrower.
An example of a closed bridge would be where the borrower has an offer of finance from a mainstream lender prior to obtaining the bridging finance. In such instances the borrower may still need the bridging loan in order to settle a transaction quickly or otherwise capitalise on a particular opportunity.
- Loans from £100,000- £5,000,000
- Up to 70% LTV
- Residential, commercial & Semi- commercial property
- Lend on open market value
- No up-front fees/ exit fees
- Loan Term 3-24 months
- No credit checks